Final exams are just around the corner and we know how stressful that can be. While studying is certainly important, so too is taking a moment to breathe and re-center. One great way of doing so is taking a relaxing bath bomb bath in your Cottages of Fort Collins bathroom. Bath bombs and bath fizzes are simple things but ones with big benefits. Continue reading to learn how they can help you relax and how to make easy DIY bath bombs in your Cottages of Fort Collins apartment:
Basics & Benefits of Bath Bombs
Despite the name, bath bombs don’t explode upon impact with
Key benefits of bath bombs include:
- Nourish your skin. Bath bombs generally include special herbs and essential oils known for moisturizing and cleansing your skin.
- Create a luxurious atmosphere. The same herbs and essential oils that nourish your skin likewise release delightful scents. These scents can transform a room much like scented candles and make your Cottages of Fort Collins bathroom feel more like a personal spa than a bathroom.
- Change your mood. Bath bombs comprised of certain essential oils, such as eucalyptus essential oil, can help provide relief from congestions related to the flu, sinusitis, and colds. Or if you’re stressed, bath bombs with pepermint essential oils are great for easing your
muslcesand helping you feel more relaxed.
Get Started Making Your Own Bath Bombs Today
To make a bath bomb, you just need these 7 basic ingredients and a spherical mold:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Epsom
- 2 tsp. essential oil of your choice
- 3 tsp. water
- 3 drops of food coloring of your choice
Now that you know the basics, it’s your turn to experiment. There are a ton of great online videos and web pages dedicated to specialty bath bomb recipes. Find your favorites and let us know what you think!